Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

Fontaine des Chartreux

Quai Albert Cappus
46000 Cahors
Phone : 05 65 53 20 65
Be the first to give your feedback and help future visitors to get an idea about this place.
1
2
3
4
5
The fontaine des Chartreux is a limestone resurgence, once a place of worship of the goddess Divona, goddess of waters of Celtic origin, which gave its name to Cahors (Divona Cadurcorum).

The discovery of many Roman coins in 1989 testifies to the cult at the source in the 1st century BC and the 1st century AD. In the Middle Ages, a mill used the waters of the fountain, and in 1360 it was ceded to the Chartreux Convent, hence its current name. This source always supplies Cahors with drinkable water.
  • Fontaine des Chartreux 1 - Cahors
  • Fontaine des Chartreux 2 - Cahors
  • Fontaine des Chartreux 1 - Cahors
  • Fontaine des Chartreux 2 - Cahors
Prices Min Max Description
Free of charge / /
Check the terms and conditions and privacy policy
Fontaine des Chartreux
Address :
Quai Albert Cappus
46000 Cahors
Phone :
05 65 53 20 65
Grands sites Midi-Pyrénées
  • Français
  • English
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch
  • Español